This is a digital TDS meter tester used for measuring Total Dissolved Solids present in the water. To measure the purity of water, please use the following instructions.
Taking TDS Measurements
- Remove the protective cap.
- Turn the TDS meter on. The ON/OFF switch is located on the panel.
- Immerse the meter into the water/solution up to the maximum immersion level (2 inch).
- Lightly stir the meter to dislodge any air bubbles.
- Wait until the display stabilizes. Once the reading stabilizes (approx. 10 seconds), press the HOLD button to view the reading out of the water.
- If the meter displays a flashing x10 symbol, multiply the reading by 10.
- After usage, shake off any excess water from your meter. Replace the cap.
Taking Temperature Measurements
- Once the meter is on, the temperature function can be used at any time, in or out of liquid.
- Press the TEMP button. The display will switch to temperature (in Celsius only).
- To return to TDS mode, press the TEMP button.
- The meter is not water-tight. Do not dip the meter beyond the water level limit.
- Do not store the meter in high temperatures or direct sunlight.
- Do not attempt to open the housing or tinker with the electronics of the unit.
- After multiple usage, if the product is not showing correct readings, please use the recalibaration guidelines as given below.
- Immerse the TDS Meter into Calibration solution up to maximum immersion level (2 inch)
- Reading appear on the Display
- If the meter does not read within 2% of solution. Press Temp key for 3 seconds, Display Start Blinking. Adjust the reading by using “Temp” key (to increase the reading) and hold key (to decrease the reading)
- Press Temp key again for 3 seconds, meter enters in Testing Mode. Take the TDS Meter out from water Wait a moment, after showing Zero put the meter again into water. TDS Meter show Readings.
- If Reading is accurate calibration is completed. If not, repeat the procedure